A
A
A
Close
Ear, Nose & Throat Community
13.4k Members

Painful Swallowing

Hello,

I have had this problem since February of 2008. It started with an ear infection, that has since cleared up.
For weeks, I had painful swallowing and a big bump at the very back of my tongue on the left side. I
have taken Nexium and also had steroid injections. I have had a scope through my nose to see in my throat.
Showed nothing. I have had an MRI. Showed nothing. I have also had a hearing test and tympanogram. Both normal.
My throat is better, but not well. Something strange that I've noticed is, if I pull both my ears out to the side at
the place above the lobes, it seems to take that lump sensation away. Has anyone out there ever had a
similar problem. I am at my wit's end! Also the bump on my tongue is gone. I have also had 2 rounds of antibiotics.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life