Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Partial hearing loss in right ear

I am 6mths pregnant and have experienced partial hearing loss in my right ear for about a week.  I believe it has something to do with my nose being stopped up because, I just blew my nose and my ear opened back up but has closed up again.  My question is what can I take or do to clear up my nasal passage and open my ear back up?  It really bothers me that I can't hear and it's scary.
There are mainly two types of deafness. Conductive and sensorineural.Conductive deafness can be caused by problems in either the outer or middle ear, which prevent sound from reaching the inner ear. Infection of the ear canal or middle ear, fluid in the middle ear, wax build-up, perforation or scarring of the eardrum are few common causes.Permanent hearing loss occurs when inner ear nerves become damaged and do not properly transmit their signals to the brain. Head or acoustic trauma, injuries to the head and exposure to a sudden, extremely loud noise, tumours, acoustic neuroma all can cause sensorineural deafness. An acoustic neuroma causes tinnitus, hearing problems, vertigo and balancing problems. It is suggested to have a complete hearing evaluation, discuss with your ENT specialist about how to interpret the results and discuss your concerns. Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best wishes and regards!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life