Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Peritonsillar Abscess

I recently was diagnosed with a peritonsillar abscess.  (This is the second one I've had.)  The doctor drained a little bit of the pus from the abscess via needle aspiration, told me to continue taking Keflex, and is seeing me again in 2 days.  However, my throat still feels pretty uncomfortable, and I'm afraid that he did not drain enough.

Is this normal, to only drain a little now, and then to drain the rest a few days later?  Also, should I get my tonsils out?  I am 23, and the doctor said it was "brutal" at my age.  Thanks.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life