Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Pharyngial and Throat Help...PLEASE!!!

Hey, Names Kayden,

For the last 6 weeks I've had the worse sore throat that will not go away for anything! I am a singer and this is effecting my stress levels big time because I can't sing when my throats so uncomfortably dry, and painful especially since my vocals sound so hoarse and raspy my voice doesn't even sound the same. Not only that I'm scared to force my voice in case stressing my vocals too much might cause a polyp or vocal node. Ok on to business...

My Symptoms:
1)Extremely Dry Throat; especially during the night before bed, and in the morning when I wake up...
2)Pain when dry, or when speaking for too long
3)Extreme Hoarseness of voice! especially during the night before bed, and in the morning when I wake up...
4) Loss of vocal range... Erggg...
5) Constant Cough!

What I've tried:
1) two different doctors... one said Viral Pharyngitis The Other said Allergic pharyngitis...
2)Thera-flu Cold and sinus = Ineffective
3) Zyrtec, Claritin, Chloratrimaton, Benedryl = Ineffective
4) Over the counter Tea remedies including Licorice root, Slippery oak, Echinacea, Leen Seed,Ginger, Mint, Eucalyptus
5)I've also tried some leftover antibiotics from about 2 month ago just normal Penicillin =Nada
6) Been tested for strep =negative!

What the hell is wrong with me? Nothings working!! And I grow ever more frustrated and enraged with each passing minute my throat is dry, hoarse and on fire! Honestly I highly doubt it can be allergies when I've never had them to this degree before! What did my body just decide to wake up and be allergic to the world one day? I highly doubt it! PLEASE HELP ME!!! It's affecting my livelihood! I need to sing!!! It's all I do, and all I've been doing since the age of 5!!! I'd rather die than not sing another day of my life!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life