Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Please help me, tonsil problems are killing me.

Long story so please be patient. :( My left tonsil has been swollen or bigger than my other tonsil for 8 months now. Some symptoms that have come with it are red dots on my tongue, a congested nose for on my left nostril, and some small bumps inside my mouth in front of my gums( not very visible though)  The swollen tonsil itself does not hurt nor has it grown at all. I went to a ENT doctor months ago and took a biopsy and came back for some kind of bacterial infection. Was put on meds but it never went down and suggest a tonsillectomy to remove my tonsils and said there might be a chance for cancer. I am only 23 years old and have NEVER smoked or hardly drink alcohol but i do admit i am a bit overweight. ENT doctor told me too look out for any weight loss ( i've gained weight instead) and for any swelling or lumps around my neck ( which there haven't been any). Went to my regular doctor for a second opinion and he told me I had congestion and that there was no symptoms or anything that would make him think I can have cancer.  As of know, the tonsil still looks the same and doesn't hurt at all. My concern is I don't know who to believe or what to believe. I did have a thought that it could be HIV because of a risky sexual encounter but my 10 negative test in a span of 11 months make me rule it out. Like I said the tonsil doesn't hurt at all but I was wondering if this still could be cancer or some other disease. Please help me, has anyone had any other similar experiences or some advice that might help me? My mind has been a mess.  
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life