After some research and talking to an ENT who misdiagnosed me, I have come to the conclusion that I have the "Patulous Eustachian Tube" condition. It is commonly misdiagnosed but I am sure I have it as I have all of the symptoms of it and no other ear conditions match my symptoms. I've searched around Google and only found some methods and things that can be done to help relieve the symptoms but can anything be done to rid myself of it for good?
• Ear echo when I hear higher pitch noises, music or voices.
• Head/ear pressure.
• Muffled, "underwater" hearing from the afflicted ear.
• I can hear myself swallow food and is quite loud.
• Amplified voices/noises (mostly high pitch ones) as well as altered hearing.
• Slight tinnitus ringing
• One common symptom is being able to hear yourself talk, but I do not have this.
Some things to know:
• I originally thought it was the opposite of my current condition (Congested Eustachian Tube) so I took allegra and I believe it made it worse as it's doing the opposite of what I want now that congestion has cleared and I suspect PET.
• This condition was different at first. No echoing or pressure just tinnitus and muffled hearing accompanied by my head cold which consisted of runny nose, sneezing, soar throat and congestion.
• When I pop my ears by holding my nose shut, it relieves the symptoms a lot, especially the pressure and most of my hearing temporarily returns but the echoing stays.
• This condition came to me a few days before I got sick with a head cold and soar throat.
• I am still suffering from a head cold at the moment but getting over it.
• I do not have allergies.
• I have tried exercising and getting my heart rate up for a period time, no help.
• Normal blood pressure.
• I have not gone swimming for months prior.
• I did not injure my ear, hit it anything else that would damage it or the surrounding area.
• Most oddly, this happened overnight.... It has never happened before in my life and for it to happen overnight in my 8 hour sleep is extremely weird to me.
This is a very exact question that I assume that not many know anything about but if you do, lease help. My life hasn't been the same since :(