Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Recurring strep throat

OK, I have NO KIDS and WORK AT HOME, and I wonder why I get strep throat 1-2 times a year for as long as I can remember. The doctor seems to not understand either (just me and husband live at home) I even made a home gym 2 years ago to get out of that environment.  I'm otherwise healthy (history of RA), very clean and use antibacterials when in stores, public, wash hands frequently, etc.  I do get seasonal allergies and I do still have my tonsils. Should the tonsils be taken out?  Is being on pencillin's twice a year good for you?  I can not figure out where I get this and my husband is always healthy, no problems. Is is true strep can live in your throat and never really go away completely?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life