Avatar universal

Right Pain only in Right Ear

Hi all,
I am a 22 year old woman, who is experiencing some pain. I do believe I have TMD. About a year ago, I started hearing a cracking noise in my jaw, and then about 3 months ago...it went away. But my right ear started to hurt. It feels tender and sore and it is only on my right ear. The pain seems to be concentrated around my ear. I am currently in Europe for six months, without health insurance. What should I do?

For years and years, I would chew on hard items, like tops of water bottles ( I know gross habit )...and I have always been known to chew gum! So I think my TMD is a direct result to me not taking care of my jaw. I also have hypothyroid and take medication every day. Please help...anyone who knows what I should do.

This discussion is related to plugged and ringing ear.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
If you are in or near UK they have socialised medicine and it will be free, go along to the Hospital as an out patient kind of ER tell them and they will look for you and prescribe any Meds, sounds like an ear infection ,hopefully some antibiotics may help ,also Free,
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life