Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ringing in Ears - Inner Ear Infection

some background. I was treated for acid reflux around the end of november last year - put on 40mg nexium. I started on the drug and feel much better after completion of the prescription. however, toward the end of the term i started having a ringing in my right ear specifically. constant ringing.

i have since visited an ENT and they have started me on 30mg prednisone - 7 day perception. they believe it is an inner ear viral infection. i do have significant hearing loss in my right ear specifically.

anyone else have this happen? other issues with ringing in one ear specifically and put on a steroid to help?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life