Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ruptured Eardrum and excercise

I ruptured my eardrum a few days ago with a q-tip.  The following day I went into the clinic and was put on a antibiotic and was told I couldn't do anything that caused pressure (blowing nose, weight lifting, etc).  I also suffer from anxiety, depression, and high blood pressure and running along with other medications has been the key to keeping these illnesses under control.  I want to do everything right since I don't have insurance and wouldn't be able to afford a visit, let along surgery to an ENT to repair my eardrum.  My question is I was wondering if I could still run or ride bike or would this cause to much pressure in my ear and lead to further problems down the road?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life