Ear, Nose & Throat Community

SINUS Problems, Need Advise! Blocked lightheaded

I really could do with some advise...I will give you a quick rundown of my general health the last few months. 

27, 9st, 2 kids one is 6 months old, Female, Smoker

Dec 3rd 11 woke up and felt like I had been punched in the nose...sore to touch thought maybe Sinus head cold, unsure- thick clear mucas from nose which ran down throat causing bad cough...lightheaded and fatigue...was given Amoxicillin and a nasal spray...can't remember the name. Coughing up green stuff.....

Between this and next cough remained....more dry tickle cough- worse at night when laying in bed....

Jan 12- had a bad throat infection, large amount of swelling. Still nasal discharge, thick clear. given another antibiotic beginning with D or G cannot remember. 

Feb 12- Still have a cough, end of February, came down with a nasty virus that left me weak, tired, achy muscles, headaches, cough, coughing up green mucas, thick yellow mucas from the nose when blowing...generally detached feeling like my body belonged to somebody else can't really describe this properly. Vomiting dioreah. One night I vomited orange stuff with thick clear mucas...presumed stomach bile with mucas due to lack of apitite. Blocked ears.

End of Feb- Also started a new contraceptive pill, Femodine which led me to bleed for 2 weeks. 

NOW- Virus symptoms have gone for about a week. My ears are still blocked very bad...the GP looked into them twice, no swelling....said it was likely to be fluid in the E-Tubes. This has been 3 weeks now....

I still have a cough, thick clear mucas with sometimes thick yellow mucas also when blowing my nose. I can literally feel the mucas running down the back of my throat even when talking to somebody. the main problem I have is a phobia well not that bad of bogies...if I feel mucas in the back of my throat and try to bring it up to spit it out I actually Vomit...at the same time or straight after so I'm constantly swallowing it....
I feel very lightheaded, am forcing myself to eat because of the lack of appetite. I don't think I have a temperature....I feel very tired...

I am currently inhaling steam every few hours with a couple of drops of Karvol. Also am taking Erythromycin which the doctor gave me Friday to help clear any remaining bacteria that maybe lingering around...

To me this sounds like I have more of a chronic Sinus problem...the virus has def gone but since December what I now have seems to have kicked off then and has never really gone. 
I have mentioned Sinus a few times to the doctor but the subject seems to get changed quite quickly...I'm at my wits end....I feel like my legs are going to give way when walking around...I feel as if my body is drunk and I'm desperately trying to control it. 

I have had some mild headaches here and there but these are not daily.....

Just want to know what's wrong with me. Is there anyone who suffers with sinus issues that can relate to the above symptoms or am I getting it all wrong? 

I've never had any tests for anything apart from the standard blood tests which are always ok...I just wish it would all end.....
If you do have a chronic sinus infection, typical antibiotic treatment is for 4-6 weeks.  A nasal steroid spray is also beneficial as well as oral steroids.  Nasal saline irrigations over the counter like NeilMed or Neti pot are very effective, but worsen Eustachian tube dysfunction (water in the ears or feeling of fullness in the ears).  The best diagnosis for this problem is a CT of the sinuses.  Surgery is recommended to patients that fail maximal medical treatment.

Thank you so much for your reply, thing is are the above symptoms typical of a sinus related problem.

My doctor told me i had anxiety over a year ago...I'm not taking meds as both i tried did nothing to help and made me feel worse to be honest.....

I know he will think this is another thing I've made up....but how do I go about asking for a CT scan?

I've taken pictures of what I have blown out of my nose incase i need to show him...I really want to get to the bottom of this....

A sinus infection in the upper sinuses is very close to the brain, so the toxins from the bacteria can make you foggy, out-of-it, and even more anxious.  Like Dr. de Moreno said, you should demand a CT scan.

However, surgery is no longer the only option for removing a sinus infection from the upper sinuses.  Many people have had great luck with a Flip Turn Sinus Flush, as you can see by the comments

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush

Since you have dizziness, I'd recommend the kneeling position over the side of a tub.  The first couple of times you may not see results, as it often takes a few flushes to open up the passages which have been swollen shut.  Good luck with whatever course you take.

MCD1984 - I too have been suffering with some of the same symptoms you mentioned above. It started off with just normal allergy symptoms ie sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes off and on for 2 weeks and then I began to feel some what lightheaded. Well the "lightheadedness" would last from a few hours to ALL day long. The allergy symptoms went away and I was just left lightheaded 24/7. This has been going on since the 2 week of January. About 3-4 weeks ago I noticed that I had post nasal drip and  swallowing tons of mucus and sneeze here and there. I know that detached feeling you were describing...sort of like brain fog, feeling off like your there but really not. Its awful and weird. My symptoms right now are constant lightheadedness, some forehead, nose and cheek pressure (not severe just uncomfortable), post nasal drip, cough at night sometimes (rare), and my ears are stuffy. GP saw some fluid in my left ear and Ive been running a low grade fever for 3 weeks as well. At first I was given Augmentin 875mg twice a day for 10 days and Claritan D...it did not help. Last week GP gave me Zpack (antibiotic), Prednisone (steriods), Flonase and Zyrtec D...so far nothing has changed but I'm remaining hopeful as I have 6 more days left of the Prednisone. I hope you're feeling better. Keep me posted.
Also, not sure if this matters but I'm a 32yr old female, 3 kids my youngest is 4 months old. All these symptoms started 2 months after giving birth. I know how rough it is to not feel well and have to take care of kids especially smaller ones. I believe we'll both get to the bottom of this and will feel so much better VERY soon!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life