Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Same Pain After Adult Tonsillectomy

I'm 37 and had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy 5 weeks ago due to constant tonsil infections and living on antibiotics.  Before having the surgery I had sore throat pain, like a dry throat in the morning on the right side, and pain in the right ear for months but ear was always clear.  After this horrific surgery, the ENT said I've recoved... but I still have the throat pain and the ear still hurts.  He insists there is no infection or swelling in the ear. I am beyond frustrated!  What could be the problem?  Thanks.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life