Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Scratched eardrum help!!

A few days ago I scratched my eardrum with a bobby pin and yea stupid i know. I got antibiotic drops from my doctor and ive been on them for 3 days so far. They dont seem to be working. Its shooting throbbing pain in my left ear, I can barely hear out of it, and its making a loud heartbeat sound. I cant take the pain at all i wake up like 20 times in the night due to the pain. the doctor told me its compacted earwax AND scratched canal. I cant yawn or stretch without my ear shooting pain. Is there anyway I can soothe the pain while on antibiotics??
Ah...please see your pharmacist. They can sometimes help you more than the doctor can. There is a wonderful ear drop that you can get called Auralgan. I think that's the correct spelling. Check with your pharmacist, as it's normally kept in the back.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life