Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Should I ask my doc about ear tubes?

So I love to travel and usually do maybe three times a year. I have a HORRIBLE problem with horrendous eustachian tube pain when descending. I was born 11 weeks early and had some ENT development problems but met the normal "checkpoints" after 18 months. I have asthma and seasonal allergies, and I've had both my tonsils and adenoids removed. I have seen an ENT specialist for the surgeries but not for this specific issue.

In terms of the preventitive measures, I take a regiment of Sudafed for 48 hours before I fly and have prescription Nasonex that I take for allergies to keep everything open. I take a daily antihistamine (Zyrtec) and have my inhaler on me at all times (even though my asthma is exercise induced). I take a Sudafed and a squirt of nose spray about 15 minutes before descent and begin to chew gum, yawn, pop my jaw/mouth, swallow (etc) to try and keep them open. I am always perfectly healthy when I fly bc I don't want to get others sick.
Nothing has worked.
I have had this problem since I was born. I am nearing 18. I've flown at least 75 times in the course of my life, one way or another. And there hasn't been a time where I haven't had this pain when I fly. Not once.

I know that either short term or more permanent ear tubes are an option for those with chronic ear pain/problems, but does it sound like a good option for me? If it is, should I go through my regular doctor or contact an ENT specialist?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life