Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Singing voice gone for months

I used to sing very comfortably from birth however at 4th of April 2014 I had a hernia surgery. Before surgery I was very nervous that the intubation process could damage my voice. After the surgery I was still very nervous got kind of depression and stuff. Later I went to an ENT to get my vocal cords checked. He said there is nothing wrong with them but I got silent reflux probably due to the stress. I was able to sing a bit until then but now all my singing ability is lost. My throat feels different and I feel there is always a lot of mucus down there. My voice feels different too, I feel like I never sung in my life before. I also use two medicines for depression that my doc gave me and I used a medicine for reflux. Currently I do not use a medicine for reflux but thinking of going to an ENT again. So why did my voice become like that? What is the matter? I am going crazy because there is nothing certain. Doctors say my vocal cords are fine but why cant I sing like before? Please someone give me an advice. I need help
You mentioned an acid problem. It could very well be the cause.
You also mentioned that it feels like mucus in throat...could be post-nasal drip.
You metioned anxiety/depression...can also be from this.
You were so worried about your vocal cords, that it's possible you now have a mental block of sorts.

I would ask to see an ENT. They will be able to get to the bottom of it.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life