Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Sinus Infection

I'm currently on Amoxicillin 500mg for a sinus infection 3x a day for 10-21 days.  I'm on my 6th day and it's gotten a little better but I still have a headache, sore throat and some ear pressure.   Is there anything else I can do to get rid of these symptoms.  I've used the steam, eucalyptus oil and humidifier.  Should I try Guaifenesin or singulair?
Hi there,
Ear pain, sore throat and headache are common in sinus infection. Along with antibiotics drink plenty of fluids to thin the mucus. Mucous thinning drugs and oral decongestants may also be used, as well as systemic steroids, topical nasal steroids and nasal saline irrigation. Steam inhalation should be continued. It is best to see your doctor and seek opinion for your symptoms. If the ear pain is severe you may need referral to an ear, nose, and throat specialist. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life