Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Sinus Infection?

For almost 3 months I have had a cold, what seemed like a sinus infection, ear aches, tooth aches, sore throat, sore tongue, thick mucus, Now the mucus is not responding to Mucinex and have some lung sensitivity to cold air. What could it be?
There IS a very nasty viral infection going around right now. Doctors are calling it the 100 day flu.
I myself, have been sick with it for almost 2 months now. There is very little that can be done about it. I started off not too bad, and now I feel like I'm drowning half the time due to the thick, sticky, mucus that I am having troubles coughing up.
However...you state that you have toothaches. I would see a dentist about that. Infected teeth can lead to infections of the ears and sinuses that can then travel to the lungs.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life