Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Snap, Crackle and Pop in my Head

I'm a 26 year old male and it seems when I am hungry, I get a noise in my head that sounds like a crackling or sand falling in an hourglass. It only occurs when I know I need to eat. It happens for 3 to 4 seconds at a time, once every 10 seconds or so. I have no pain, but I do feel an uneasiness until I eat something.

My wife says she gets it too and she can hear when my head does it. Any ideas would be welcome. I have been reading the forums and can't find anything exactly like I have, but some similarities.

You are young, but I get that kind of noise from my neck because I have arthritis and some herniated disks.  I don't get the connection to hunger though.  Maybe you are just getting a headache from lack of food?
I have been searching this forum as I have the same symptoms. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one!! The rice krispies sound started a little over a year ago, and I also have it when my stomach growls, usually when I am laying in bed. The past couple of weeks I have been experiencing a similar sound when I walk, and it has me really worried now.
Does anyone else know what this might be?!
I have had the exact symptoms for over a year, along with some neck popping, and constant audible head throbbing.  I have had a CT and an MRI, and nothing was found, to explain these bothersome symptoms.  If you find out a diagnosis for yours,  please post! Thanks a lot!  
yep I have the exact same thing I have had it most of my life I am 24 now and I don't have any real health issues. I have never really thought it was bad, it only happens when I have nothing on my stomach. It sounds like a 4th of july sparkler going up and down my neck to my head some times it will do it 2 or 3 times in a row if I'm really hungry. It never hurts, it's just so unusual, I would love some answers but I have yet to find any...any ideas any body?
i get in too, crackling ,like frying a egg ,at night stomach can growl and it shoots up to the neck. had 24 hr ph negative for acid problem scope done nothing, can this be a nerve problem, 2 yrs now driving me nuts walking can hear it sometimes
I have the same problem.  I have searched the internet trying to find the answers but nothing.  I have had it for 8 years and it began after I had my first child.  I get it when I am hungry its almos as though my stomach and my head go are in unison because my stomach will sometimes growl when my head is making the noises.  I havent been to the doctor but wonder if its the adrenal gland.  Just a thought.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life