Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Sore, tender nose for no apparent reason

2 days ago I woke up to a very sore, tender nose. It feels like I have been hit, but I haven't. I haven't run into anything either. Now it has a dull ache or throbbing. My sinuses seem to be fine, but it feels like my nose is getting worse, it's actually the skin that runs down the brdge of my nose that's in pain.  Please help!  thank you
I was just wondering if anyone ever found out anything. Have had the same symptoms over the last 2 days (accused my hubby of hitting me in our sleep). Nose is extremely sore and a bit red and swollen. Have a bit of an earache, fullness in ears as well. Recently
(2 weeks ago) got over sinusitis and bronchitis. Anyone get an answer from their dr on this?
Swimmergirl is right, an infection is a significant concern, both bacterial in her case (staph and possibly MRSA), and even more worrisome would those like rodina with eye pain.  Nose + eye pain is very worrisome for herpes infection of the eye which can be very serious.  It needs immediate evaluation from an ophthalmologist.

A painful red nose for the rest of you...  that's not normal and worth getting your doctor to examine.
(mavericknewt) Your post reflects the exact symptoms I am experiencing.  Mine started on the bridge of my nose and over a few days worked down to the tip.  The sides of my nose have no pain.  I do have stuffness and have thought it was due to allergies. I have had this soreness for over a week. BTW:  I have no redness or swelling...just extremely painful to the touch and slightly throbbing.

I'm curious what part of the country others have that are experiencing these symptoms.

I have an appoinment with the doctor Thursday and I will post what he has to say.
I have the same symptoms as many of your with a little swelling and sore tender to the bridge of my nose... I'm going to get it out today and report back with findings...started with sneezing a few days back... headache.. fluish feelings.. could be sinusitis...  I'll let you know when I get back.. going to get some pro advice on this at 4:30 pst.
I forgot.. I'm in Northern California.. bay area.. near SF
My homeopath was very curious about what part of the country this is appearing in. I'm in upper Westchester County, New York.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life