Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Sores, red spot on back side of tongue

I had burning in throat, my doctor said it is because of gastric issue and after taking some medicine of Gastric for 10 days, it is fine now. Later, there were sores in my mouth- from inner side of cheeks to tongue. My doctor said that it can be because of Vitamin deficiency. I am taking vitamin tables.

But, I have red & white spots on back way of tongue, there is also some whitish layer on my inner side of cheeks, there are sores on tonsils & inner side of cheeks too but they are not painful. Today morning, I brush my tongue as usual but I saw small blood in spat. I am scared now. What can be reason. I had a protected sexual counter with se* wor*** around 25-27 days ago.

Please guide.

Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ulcers could be canker sores. It is very painful and can occur due to stress, vitamin deficiencies or trauma. The white patches could be due to a fungal infection. The white patches have a cottage cheese appearance. They can occur as a consequence to throat infection or sometimes steroid inhalers are known to promote their growth. You can try warm salt water gargles and betadine mouth washes.

If the ulcers are persistent consult your doctor to rule out a herpes infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life