Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Strep throat or what?

So I think I have strep throat and it looks like it (white patches on my throat) if I gave my boyfriend oral and just noticed that my throat looked like that what is it? my throat has been hurting for a few days now before I gave him oral... also if we had sex after the fact of me giving him oral will anything happen to my vagina? we had protected sex every time but this one time...I'm very concerned.
Hi, your symptoms may not be related to oral sex. White patches are common in many throat  infections. The sore throat which you had may have contributed to it. In response to the infection the body produces soft white debris which collects in the tiny indentations in the tonsils called crypts. Repeated salt water gargles will help. Mix one teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water and gargle. If the patches increase in size or become painful then consult your doctor. Regards.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life