Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Swallowing Problems

My Name is Kell, I am an 18-year old female.
I am hypoglycemic, anemic, and have a family history of B12 deficiency.
For years, I have had problems swallowing, breathing, and talking. I choke on liquids almost every day.
Over the past year, my symptoms have gotten alot worse - unexplainable vomiting, vomiting at the first sign of a cold, loss of appetite, and a constant feeling that there is something stuck in my throat. I've asked my GP who says that I may just have a Thyroid problem, but doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to tell her. Despite it being brought up multiple times, she still doesn't try to find out what's wrong.

I am frequently lightheaded and nauseous. This is probably because of my hypoglycemia, but I'm not sure.
I find the problem starts in my throat and works its way down throughout the day - other days I'm perfectly fine.
Tried taking iron tablets as a recommendation from my doctor, but they made the vomiting worse.

Has anyone had similar symptoms?
I can barely drink an entire glass of water without choking anymore, and it's starting to get very tiring.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life