Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Throat Infection

I got a sinus infection after working under a house several years ago.  I have been under a lot of houses but this was the first time I had any kind of ill health effects.  I was coughing up A LOT of mucus.  After about a month without it clearing up, I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor.  He gave me an allergy test and scanned my throat.  He said I was allergic to everything.  Most on the sheet were rated about a 3 whatever that number means.  There was one that was rated a 7 which was some kind of mold.  This is what I suspected caused my problems.  His solution was to come in once a week for a shot in each arm for 3 months costing me for each visit.  His allergy test and follow up visits had already cost me over $500 over what my cafeteria plan covered.  I could not afford to do this so I let it go.  It eventually cleared up for the most part but I still have some congestion every morning and after I eat.  I drink a lot of liquids.  I think this is because my throat always feels dry.  Is this something serious or could it just be that I now have allergies?  These symptoms last all year.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life