I got a sinus infection after working under a house several years ago. I have been under a lot of houses but this was the first time I had any kind of ill health effects. I was coughing up A LOT of mucus. After about a month without it clearing up, I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. He gave me an allergy test and scanned my throat. He said I was allergic to everything. Most on the sheet were rated about a 3 whatever that number means. There was one that was rated a 7 which was some kind of mold. This is what I suspected caused my problems. His solution was to come in once a week for a shot in each arm for 3 months costing me for each visit. His allergy test and follow up visits had already cost me over $500 over what my cafeteria plan covered. I could not afford to do this so I let it go. It eventually cleared up for the most part but I still have some congestion every morning and after I eat. I drink a lot of liquids. I think this is because my throat always feels dry. Is this something serious or could it just be that I now have allergies? These symptoms last all year.