Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Throat/Tonsil Problem-Urgent!

Hello,  I am a 41 year old female.  I found a white patch about the size of a pencil eraser(as much as I can see of it) on my right tonsil.  I have not been sick but have taken a 10 day course of Amoxicillin 500mg to see if I had an infection.  The antibiotics did nothing. I noticed this about a month ago.  I also have a lump in my right groin area that has grown from a pea size to about the size of a quarter (doctor said it was scar tissue from a previous Cat Scratch Fever lymph node removed in my groin about 2 years ago) If it is scar tissue I don't understand why all of a sudden it has appeared?  I don't have healthcare so it is virtually impossible to find a physician to see me.  I did go to the Health Department but was totally unsatisfied with the results as the nurse practicioner didn't do more than briefly look in my mouth and told me if I had insurance she would refer me to a specialist.  I'm kind of freaking out here.  I don't know if it's cancer, herpes or just something that will go away but I didn't have it before so it's not normal.  There is not much pain except my right jaw and ear have had a dull pain constantly for months now but I attributed that to a rotten tooth I am having fixed next week.  I haven't been sick just tired and a little moody.  Can someone please please help me!  I am a mother of 6 and if this is something serious I need to get it taken care of somehow.  Feel free to ask any questions to help figure this out.  Wish I had a picture but it's kind of hard to take a picture of the back of your throat.  Thank you so much in advance for any help.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life