Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Throat issue

It feels like something is in the back of my throat.  when i looked I have white spots inbedded in the back.  What could that be?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

White patches are common in many throat  infections. In response to the infection the body produces soft white debris which collects in the tiny indentations in the tonsils called crypts. Repeated salt water gargles will help. Mix one teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water and ask your son to gargle. If the patches increase in size or become painful then consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life