Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Throat

Hello everyone. For about a few months now, I've been noticing some weird things happening with my throat. I'll start from the beginning. I drink. A lot. Almost every night. I also smoke cigarettes, but not too much, maybe 5 or 6 a day. Every Monday I go out and do karaoke, not normal songs, but extreme screaming songs. I have also been told I snore very loud. More than once I have woken up and that thing that hangs in the back of my throat has been swollen and I had to eat ice cream to get it to go down, it always goes away in the same day. Lately I have been having a lot of mucus buildup in my throat, not really my throat, it feels kind of in the middle, like a combination of my nose and throat. My voice has changed as well, both normal and singing (singing more) and it constantly feels like something is stuck in between my nose and throat.it doesn't hurt at all, it's just there and annoying. I'm not sure if it's vocal damage from all my screaming or if it's an underlying issue maybe more serious. What does this sound like, and is it something that may go away, or is it worth getting it checked on? Thank you.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life