Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Tinnitus after explosion

I was cycling yesterday, changing my flat tire, my co2 cartridge made a huge explosion sound.  Its been almost 24h, still ringing in my ears, was wondering if there any emergency protocol that i have to do, to make sure theres no further damage.  

thanks

This discussion is related to MRI .
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Perception of abnormal ear or head noises is termed as TINNITUS. Persistent tinnitus usually indicates the presence of sensory hearing loss. Intermittent periods of mild, high-pitched tinnitus lasting for several minutes are common in normal hearing persons. Since your problem has been of a recent origin, it may be a temporary phenomenon. But if it persists, consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life