Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Tinnitus due to chronic nasal inflammation

The chronic nasal inflammation is due to acid reflux at night when I am sleeping, I am guessing after more than a month which started in mid April 2014 it got to my eustachian tubes (tinnitus started on June 1st) so I have been taking PPI plus Veramyst (nasal steroid spray) for 8 days, to get the inflammation down and the acid reflux under control.

I already had tinnitus before, but it cleared up in February 2010 after taking PPI + Nasonex for 5 months by pinching my nose and blowing air (to open my eustachian tubes and let Nasonex in). I was thinking of doing the blowing air with pinch nose thing with Veramyst, problem is, is that Nasonex is a liquid while Veramyst is gelatinous (which is why you need to shake the bottle right before using it each time). Is it advisable to use the same method with Veramyst?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life