Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Tongue

I have had a metal taste in the center of tongue for about 3-wks.  No teeth problems as far as I know.  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Altered taste could be due to local or systemic causes. Local causes like tooth infections, tooth abscess or periodontal disease. Some medications can cause altered taste. It is more common in smokers, in people with poor dental hygiene, with vitamin deficiencies and are known to be associated with systemic infections. You will need to consult your dentist who will examine you and determine the cause so that appropriate therapy can be initiated.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life