Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Ulcers in throat that arent healing, what are they-worried.

I have lots of ulcers in the back of my throat, here is a picture of my throat:

http://i43.tinypic.com/6qd5qt.jpg

I first noticed these ulcers when I had a sore throat 3 months ago. I went to my GP and he told me they were either due to a viral or bacterial infection and would go on their own. He told me to gargle Corsodyl. I did and they haven't changed. I have also tried gargling salt water, L-lysine but nothing has helped at all. I went back to my GP today to see a different doctor who gave me Hydrocortisone lozenges (take one four times a day for 5 days) and if they don't work she will refer me to a ENT specialist. She was pretty clueless to what they are or what they are caused by, also the "arches" on the side om my throat are red also, I have no tonsils- can anyone shed any light?

They cause me no discomfort at all.

I suffered from very bad acid reflux for a long time and was on Omeprazole for 8 weeks just prior to this. Since coming off the Omeprazole i don't get hardly any Acid reflux.

I came off the contraceptive pill (Yasmin) just prior to this and was on the pill for around 6-7 years.

I have post nasal drip.

I have been stressed for quite a while as my Gran died last Sept and have been stressed ever since.

Any advise or help would be so helpful as the stress is getting me down. Thank you  
I would think it was either from allergies or acid reflux.  
Thank you for your reply. It is totally baffling for me as they truly seemed to pop up from nowhere.
I have started taking the hydrocortisone lozenges, and noticed it says on the leaflet that it will make things worse if it in an infection, so I am hoping that isnt the case and this isn't an infection as someone has said it looks similar to tonsillitis (I had my tonsils removed at 7 years of age,but was told yesterday that they can grow back :/),.  
I am on the 3rd day of the hydrocortisone buccal tablets and I have noticed I have got another, new blister/ulcer/pustule, does this mean that it IS an infection and the tablets are indeed making this worse?
Oddly I also came on my period today and feel run down, wish i could find what these are about :(
I'm not a fan of hydrocortisone anything, although that kind of thing is a lifesaver for asthma, apparently.  That's one thing I don't have.  But if you get thrush in your mouth, it will be because of the hydrocortisone.  
Thanks, they seem to have done no good. I was wondering how would I know I had thrush in the mouth? My tongue is rather white :/ are there any other signs? thanks :)
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life