Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Voice loss ! please help

Hello, I am a singer and I have a very wide vocal range. But something strange happened to me, that 2 weeks ago I simply can't access my high vocals anymore. There is this chocking feeling like there is something blocking the sound when I try to sing high.

It's not a matter of misuse, because I have good technique and sing without forcing my vocal chords. Also this was not something that happened after I sang much.

My voice was well rest, I didn't feel pain or anything. So when I went to a rehearsal, I was surprised that I just couldn't access my high pitch anymore ! It's like I lost 50% of my range suddenly ! Already 2 weeks and not better.

I feel no pain, nothing. I went to a doctor, and he saw my vocal chords with a camera. The vocal cords are normal without any lesions or lumps. Sometimes it's also a little uncomfortable to speak like the cords are not receiving air enough to vibrate... I don't know what's wrong.

What could be blocking my voice to sing higher notes? some muscle problem on the throat ? something deeper behind the vocal cords that cannot be seen ?

Please any ideas ?

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life