Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Voice problem

My daughter, age 8 has been taking voice lessons for a number of years and can no longer sing high notes.  Her voice has been strained like this for a month now.  We're not sure why since she has not been doing anything different in her life as a whole.  We have recently been advised by her voice teacher to seek medical attention.  I cannot get into my family physician for another month.  After that we will have to wait again for the referral to be seen by a specialist, which will likely take months since it is not an emergency.  Any hints as to what we can do in the meantime, since resting her voice (not singing in any range other than her normal voice, not yelling, etc), fluids, throat drops and other home remedies do not seem to be helping?    

PS  She has not even begun any hints of puberty yet (not an "early bloomer") so this does not appear to be part of the problem.  
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life