Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Vomiting acid in my sleep??

I woke up this morning with something I have never experienced in my life, it has me rather afraid.
I woke up and felt like there was BURNING vomit in my throat which I could also feel in the back of my throat.
Did I vomit in my sleep? Is this Acid reflux? I have suffered from acid reflux for a long time and take regular antacids, maybe it's time for something stronger. My mouth tasted like vomit but there was a horrible BURN to it. It took it about an hour to go away. I a 53 years old.
Yes, this is the condition called GERD. It is a serious condition. You need to see a gastroenterologist soon. If left untreated, worse case scenario, it can cause esophageal cancer. Please make an appt soon.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life