Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Water Blister

For atleast the past month, I have one reoccuring water blister that occurs in the same exact spot.  It is in the back of my mouth diagonal from my tonsil on the side/roof of mouth.  Initially I would pop it to let the water out, but two days later it always came back.  So I left it alone.  It starts small, grows and grows as it fills with water, and eventually minimizes on its own, but if I remove the skin once it has minimized it bleeds very minorly.  Then within days it is back again.  It is driving me nuts b/c it is just an awkward feeling.  I don't really have any other symptoms except that for the past month of so I have also been physically weaker for some odd reason.  I go to the gym three times a week to lift weights and for the past month, I have struggled emmensly to lift the same weights that I have lifted for months.  Plus I am often sore afterwards which prior to this past month I am never sore after the gym.  I have no idea if its related but the timing coincides.  I was hope that a doctor or person might be able to chime in with some advice/possible causes and if I what type of physician I ought to see for this.  I am also not sure if this is posted in the right spot, so if its not feel free to let me know.  Thanks.
Did you every find out what is wrong with your throat?  I have the same thing exactly.  I went to the doctors back in October she put me a zpack then I went back 2 weeks later and she put me on 10 days of augmenten (excuse my spelling).  It continued so I went to an ENT and he told me that it is post nasal drip.  But I can't take it.  I notice sometime when I eat certain things like an apple it will pop out too.  I do have alot of post nasal drip but you would think that once it popped it would go away.  It is not that it hurts but it's just annoying.
Hey, nope, I have an appointment with the ENT in one and a half weeks.  I am hoping the blister is there when I go, as I went to my PCP and it wasn't there so I think she was at a lost.  It drives me nuts too.  As a matter of fact it reappeared last night and now I have to have this annoyance for the whole day or two.  I sure like the few days that it disappears and cuts me a break  :-)   I will let you know what the ENT says after I see her.
My husband thinks that I am nuts.  Although when he looks down my throat he can see it.  Mine came back this morning.  When you look at it it is like a pimple. It doesn't hurt.   There is a part of me that thinks it could be stress related.  I do have alot of post nasal drip which would go with what the ENT I saw said.  But I have always had post nasal drip.  I have also had an on and off ear ache for the past couple of months too.Like drainage.  The ENT also said that was from the post nasal drip.  I was thinking about using Musinex.    I also have sinus headaches when the weather changes.  The weather all fall and winter have been bad where I live.  One day 65 the next day 30.   Please let me know what the ENT says to you. I know what you mean about hoping that it is there when you go.   I just told my husband that I am going to give a little more time then I am going back to the doctor.  Good Luck!
When I was younger I used to have a single blister on my soft pallet every so often. I'd also sometimes pop them myself. I know we have tiny salivary ducts throughout our mouths so I always just assumed the blisters were caused by a harmless blockage. I'm almost 70 now and don't have the blisters anymore so mine must not have been caused by anything serious.
Have you seen the ENT yet?
Hey,  I went to the ENT this morning.  She said that it is a blocked/clogged salivary gland.  She knew right away what it was.  She said she has had it herself.  She said that they usually clear up on their own and if after another month or two if its still there to call her.  She said that it is usually way more painful to go in and try and rememdy it and often doesn't solve the blockage.  Hope this helps.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life