Ear, Nose & Throat Community

What is the healing process for Eardrum blisters from Barotrauma

Recently, I went to urgent care for a painful earache and I was diagnosed with Ottis media and tested positive for strep.

I followed up a few days later with an ENT doctor and they discussed that I have blisters on my eardrum. I was prescribed antibiotics and Prednisone. I've been taking them for a few days now.

My symptoms currently include pressure in my ear, trouble hearing, ringing in ear and feeling dizzy. I'm curious as to when those symptoms are going to go away and how long it may take for the blisters to heal and my Eustachian tube to open up.

I am not in my home state and have already extended my flight but I'm getting nervous that I still won't be ready to fly.

Please provide any insight on the healing process for blisters on the eardrum. Since I haven't healed these past few days, should I go back to the doctors?

My symptoms are very uncomfortable and I'm in search for any support. Thank you!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life