Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Why does my throat constantly feel parched?

Hello there, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as to why my throat feels constantly dry. It's lasted fro about 3 days now and i'm sick of it. I'm constantly drinking water but not matter how much i drink it never feels like its enough and doesn't do much to quench my parched throat. It feels dry and scratchy and I keep having the impulse to drink some water to sooth it but it does no good. it only gives me a a momentary feel of relief and that's while i'm drinking the water, once i out the cup down the dry scratchy feeling comes right back ad if I never drank water in the first place. it also has me swallowing a bunch of saliva constantly. Anyone willing to help? I'd greatly appreciate it! God Bless All!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life