Ear, Nose & Throat Community

acoustic trauma causing ear pain. Need pain management solution

My left ear just aches and is sesative, and hurts to noise, Eg Tv,radio,cars. I believe it is cause by acoustic trauma ( To much loud music and combine with exposure to machinery ) No one has been able to diagnose what is causing the pain. But i would put my money on acoustic trauma. This is been going on for over 2 years, so i would say it is permanent damage.  Has any one experienced any thing like this? Or can any one think of some type of painkillers to help manage this??

Any info will be great
Regards Hari

You have hypercussis and should see an audiologist for tinnitus retraining therapy.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life