Ear, Nose & Throat Community

can sore throat lead to lung infection

I smoked cigarettes for almost a year and 1 month ago I got bacterial pharangitis in my throat now after 1 month of treatment I felt some pain towards left side of my chest actually below the chest and at the back also at the same spot.Can sore throat lead to lung infection or is it something more serious or can later lead to something serious.I still don't have my sore throat cured completely but my lungs doctor says stop the medicine and eat what I have pres.it wll cure both PLEASE HELP ME.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life