Ear, Nose & Throat Community

canker sores caused sinusitis???

I have been battling sinusitis for about a month now. I waited about 2 weeks before I went to the docs- she gave me z-pack. While starting the sinusitis- I developed mouth sores- on gums and on roof of my mouth. I thought I burnt my mouth on tea- causing the very small red sores on roof of mouth. It burns like heck when I drink or eat certain foods. after being on the z-pack I started to feel better, but developed a sore throat. I have had the sore throat for about a week and a half, called the docs, she called in a script for augmentin- 875mg twice a day for 14 days. Now I have a huge white spot on one tonsil (which I know I have had in the past, it just hurts). This sinusitis is different from what I have had before- I feel it mostly in my nose and my upper teeth/gums are very sore.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew about canker sores, if it is possible that sinusitis can cause canker sores. Everywhere I have read says that they should be gone within a couple of weeks. I have been getting them for 3 weeks now, but they come and go in different spots. Also, has anyone ever used Augmentin for canker sores?

Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks!
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life