Ear, Nose & Throat Community

ear pain

so im 17 and  every year i get this MASSIVE ear pain that runs into my jaw, and eating only makes it worse. my parents it just alleriges. so i took allergie medicing and that worked for 45 min, and the pain came back. this pain is so painful, i cant sleep, i cant do anything cause if the pain. this has been going on every year about. i know i might sound like a baby but this pain really needs to stop.. thanks for you time.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ear pain is most probably due to otitis interna (inner ear infection). This can occur due to blockage of ‘'Eustachian  tubes’. There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears.The other common causes for pain are cerumen (ear wax) impaction,  otitis  externa and inflammations. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy. In the meantime you can take OTC pain medication Ibuprofen. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life