Ear, Nose & Throat Community

ear wax problem

Hello! I have been visiting a few GP's in regards to ear wax problem. They told me that I have no ear wax and most likely it is a problem with my eustachian tube. Is it possible to have ear wax on the skin itself and not actually in the ear? because they told me that they could see my ear drum and it looks fine but I can still feel something moving, especially when I blow my nose or move my head. Thanks for your advice.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If on examination the ears are clean, your symptoms may not be due to ear wax. There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears and sometimes fluid collection, which can cause you sense a movement in the ears. The tubes can also be blocked in Eustachian  tubes dysfunction. Here, the blockage can be intermittent. So, therapy should be focused on clearing this blockage.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life