Ear, Nose & Throat Community

hard knot in throat

i have a hard knot in my throat, it feels like cartilage and is long not round, i believe it is beside where my tonsils use to be. my practioner checked  it and said it's nothing unless it gets larger. some times its smaller and then gets larger. i can feel it when i move my jaw at different angles. it hasn't caused any problems as far as not being able to swallow but i am concerned that it's not going away. she thinks it could be from an infection but i am not being treated for any infections. should i have this biopsied or leave it be. sometimes it's irritating.

I would get a second opinion, just to be safe. You would think it wouldn't need biopsied if it gets bigger AND smaller.

Melissa
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life