Ear, Nose & Throat Community

help my nasty problem

i have white stinky puss on one side of my throat....it's been like this for years now...but my throat doesn't hurt....but it gives me the worst breath ever and i jus wanna know what the hell it is so i can get it taken care of
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Most common cause for white patches is candidiaisis. It is usually caused by candida albicnas, which is a fungal infection. The white patches have a cottage cheese appearance. They can occur as a consequence to throat infection or sometimes steroid inhalers are known to promote their growth. . You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime you can try warm salt water gargles and betadine mouth washes.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life