Ear, Nose & Throat Community

herpes with jaw pain

I had my second outbreak of herpes on my lip & inside my mouth about a month ago after the sore subsided, I started to have jaw pain on the same side...could this be part of the herpes infecting my jaw? how long does it last? Its very bothersome and dosent seem to be getting better.

Intraoral herpes also affects bone-bearing tissues of the roof of the mouth and the gums, it is uncommon to have these sort of symptoms after the sores have subsided. But it needs an evaluation by your dentist. Till then, try pain relieving medicines (like Ibuprofen/diclofenac).

Regards
OHNS2010
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life