Ear, Nose & Throat Community
hi question for you guys. i'm a 26 year old male.  the past few days i've had a sore throat which has gotten better but have a sore tongue a strained voice and swollen neck glands. went to the doctor he said I don't have swollen lymph nodes but its swollen when I swallow something and it hurts and tends to get worse at night. i've never experienced this before I do have acid reflux which I take zantac for, and I don't smoke and i've stopped drinking alcohol for the past five days. what are the chances this could be neck cancer? could it be something else?
I think your question about cancer may be better results posted on the cancer community..there may even be a throat cancer community.

As for the worse at night, do you mean when sleeping, or trying to?  If you are breathing through your mouth due to nasal congestion or out of habit that could be a aggravating factor.  In any case if you have "dry mouth" a burning in the mouth in general you may get some relief from a mouth rinse for dry mouth, I can't think of a brand name at the moment.  
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life