Ear, Nose & Throat Community

hiv?

hello sir/ mam. i had a sore throat on 8th jan.it wasnt sever then.so i jus did warm water gargles.dint help on 15th and 16th jan for two days i took antiboitic 500 mg each day.dint help so after 2 days i gain i consulted a doc and took an antiboitic course of 3 tablets each 500 mg for 3 days.still not much of a diff.no flu as such.no pain in throat but yes i do have a disconfort in throat all the time.not much of a prob in swallowin stuff.no sweeling of glands n all.i haqd my tonsills operated when i was a kid.whats the matter wid me then? i had read in a book that hiv has a similar symptom.is it  sore throat in hiv does nt go this easily.am i okay ??plz help. i am worried. .
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Throat infection is usually caused by B-hemolytic streptococci, and if the organism is isolated by throat swabs for grams stain and culture and sensitivity reports, adequate antibiotic treatment usually helps resolve the infection. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life