Ear, Nose & Throat Community

how do I clear a LARGE sinus mucus ball stuck above my soft pallet area

i started the week with what seamed like a head cold. fever, chills, sweats headache etc.  i broke the fever but still have the symptoms of a sinus infection. 2 days ago i snorted/coughed up a mucus snot ball and it had all of the gross colors and was about inch and a half long. another one the next day about the size of my thumbnail. all of last night my throat was really sore. this morning i woke up and i can feel this large nugget of a thing stuck in top of my throat were all of the nasty stuff comes out of your nose in to the back of your throat/mouth. what i NEED to know is.... how to get it out of there because it seems to large for me to cough/snort it out of there. i have tried several times and it feels a little too big and a little solid to try without causing further damage to myself. i have tried the netty-pot but that just cleared the soft stuff out of there. it feels like its just hanging there like an apple ready to fall of the branch. any suggestions?
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life