Ear, Nose & Throat Community

husband sneezing/coughing up blood

I am actually asking about my husband (very worried wife here) For about a little over a month my husband have been coughing and sneezing up blood. He can not tell exactly where it's coming from, but feels like it gets stuck in his throat sometimes and he will start gagging, then feel nauseous. He does not have any pain in throat or nose. He also have this constant feeling of feeling full without eating, He will wake up in the morning and be really hungry, big appetite, but his stomach feels full. A little medical history, he is 35, very healthy, does not smoke or drink, have not had any medical issues besides sinus and allergies throughout life, but he had sinus surgery and tonsils/adenoids removed in 2005; so he has not had any sinus issues since. Until I these symptoms about 5 weeks ago.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Spitting up blood could be due to an infection a sinus infection or a lung infection. Sometimes trauma to the lungs can cause this or it could just be throat irritation. It could also be due to bleeding disorders. Would advise him to consult your primary care physician for evaluation and therapy. He may ask for blood counts and a peripheral smear to arrive at a diagnosis.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life