Ear, Nose & Throat Community

lump behind ear and itchy scalp

i have lump behind my left ear which i have been told is my lymph node fightin infection..but i have also got an itchy scalp all of a sudden near my hair line and i read somwhere these combined could be a sign of something else??
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The swelling could be a lymph node. It could also be a sebaceous cyst, a boil or an insect bite. Lymph node enlargement is usually due to infections like bacterial and viral. The source of infection for you appears to be on the scalp. Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life