Ear, Nose & Throat Community

lump in throat

For the past year or so i have had this small lump in the right side of my throat, almost where my lymphnodes are.  I had never had strep throat until about 2 years ago, and i had it twice in that one year really bad.  The lump is not painful in any way, the only way i would ever know it was there is if i rub my hand over that area, its not even visibly noticible.  I went to the doctor about it and he told me that i had a swollen salivary gland.  I came home and looked up the symptoms of a swollen salivary gland and i have none of them (dry mouth, ulcers, etc.) nothing like that.  I would just like to know if it something that i should worry about, or if anyone has had simular conditions.  
Thank you
Hi Swh - snap!! Looks like we've got a similar mysterious lump!! Good luck with your advice!! xx
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life